Gray Design Group is looking for an experienced professional in the AEC industry to serve as a construction administrator for our Architecture and Interior Design Studios. This position requires excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to work collaboratively with multiple parties involved during the construction administration phase.
We have built a personable and welcoming team, which is why nearly every new hire says the top thing about Gray is ‘its people.’ This passionate group of dedicated and deeply motivated people (or, as we affectionately call them, “groupies”) are energetic and giving. As a small and certified Women-Owned Business, we value the importance of creating a diverse workforce and portfolio within a friendly and approachable environment. We value teamwork and encourage learning by supporting personal and professional growth.
At Gray, we understand that individuality, passion for design and the desire to create an impact is often inspired by your personal life. Flexibility in work schedule with a people-first attitude creates a culture that employees are proud to represent. Even prior to the COVID-19 pandemic, Gray offered staff the flexibility to work outside of traditional office hours, the ability to work from home and a variety of other tools to better meet unique needs. Groupies also deserve a robust benefits package and financial support for CEU credits.
Our approach to design is rooted in the belief that architecture, interiors, branding and graphics are essential components to the overall success of a project. Varying design disciplines are not treated as phases that happen sequentially but as integrated components critical to the design process.
We are currently seeking a full-time construction administrator to lead and coordinate efforts during the construction administration phase, including managing documentation, facilitating communication and ensuring smooth operations on construction sites. Other duties include:
- Oversee, manage and organize the field administration and construction project documents such as permits, change orders, shop drawings, submittals and specifications
- Act as a liaison between our design team, general contractor and subcontractors
- Assist in preparing field reports, ASIs and responding to RFIs
- Schedule meetings, coordinate site visits and provide timely updates on project status and milestones with the project team
- Review and process contractual documents such as managing pay applications and change orders to ensure adherence to contractual obligations
- Compliance with safety regulations, building codes and project specifications
- Collaborating with the project team to facilitate seamless project execution
- Schedule or participate in construction meetings and address coordination issues
- Maintain documentation related to the construction project, including correspondence, meeting minutes, reports and other project-related information
- Conduct field observations to monitor construction progress and document findings
- Candidates must have either a technical degree, bachelor’s or master’s degree
- Minimum of eight (8) years of professional experience in the construction and/or design industry
- Experience with shop drawings, RFIs and construction-related communications
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to conduct field observations accurately
- Self-motivation and high energy
- Ability to work in a team setting
- Ability to travel as requested
- Responsive and dependable in meeting deadlines
- Organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with Bluebeam is preferred
- Experience with Revit a plus, but not required
Gray Design Group is an equal opportunity employer.